If you are using a laptop having Windows 8 installed in it than you must have noticed that in windows of a laptop there is no option of hibernate in the power menu. By default there are only 3 options in windows 8 of a laptop which are Sleep, Shut down, and Restart but if you want to hibernate your laptop than you are in the right place. Today I am going to tell you that How to Enable Hibernate Option in Windows 8. The advantages of enabling hibernate option is that you can pause your system and running programs and then resume it from there where you left. The time between the hibernation and resuming no energy is used. To Enable Hibernate Option in Windows 8 follow the below steps.
- Open start menu by pressing windows button or clicking on it.
- Search Power Options and select the settings tab.
- Click Change what the power buttons do.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Scroll down to Shutdown settings.
- Check the box of Hibernate.
- After checking the box click save changes.
Congratulations now you have enabled the Hibernate Option in Windows 8 by simply following the above 7 easy steps. Now go to power menu and you will see the hibernate option in it. If your laptop is having less speed or you want to hibernate it immediately than only turn the lid of your laptop to hibernate it.